Friday, June 20, 2008

Trying out our new camera

Noah's favorite position on the couch


Jason is such a great dad.  Here he is changing Brynlee's diaper (which isn't an easy task when the babies in an incubator)  
Brynlee
Brynlee - loving to get her mouth cleaned with a lemon flavored cotton swab
Lyza - shnoozing away.  I feel bad that Brynlee was getting all the camera time but Lyza didn't move from this position the whole time we were there.
We bought a new camera so we were testing it out on the fam.  Isn't Noah such a stud?
Abbie - totally working Ellie over.  They have leg wrestling competitions and they get pretty crazy!
Daddy's girls.  Goonies!


Abbie can't take a picture without making a funny face for some reason.  She really takes after her fathers side.

I saw on someone else's blog that they wrote down five things they were grateful for on every blog and I thought that was a great idea.  So I'm going to try it out.  

1.  I'm grateful for my kids.  Hanging out with them is such a blast.  I took Noah swimming and we had so much fun chasing his sisters and friends.

2.  I'm thankful that Jason always cleans the dinner dishes and mops the floor.    

3.  I'm grateful for the NICU nurses and Doctors.  Right when we go in the room they update us on the girls and are very supportive.

4.  I'm grateful for eye opening experiences.  This has totally changed my outlook on life and has made me want to be more compassionate, service oriented, kind, and made me realize what wonderful people I have had the opportunity to come in contact with.  I've heard from people that I haven't heard from since high school, family, friends, and people I don't even know voicing their concern for our family.  I will always be grateful for you all. 

5.  Last but not least...  I'm grateful that I'm going to kick my sisters butts in this weight loss bet.  They might as well cough up the $50 'cause it's mine!!  


5 comments:

Sarah L. said...

Nice pics. You all do look like the goonies :) The girls look like they are doing great. I missed number 6 of you saying that you are grateful for me. whatever :)
sarah

thebarrusfamily said...

Oh yeah... and I'm grateful for Sara.

Jill said...

Abbie's faces are cracking me up...that's funny. You guys are seriously the cutest family!
You listed 5 great things to be thankful for!
I'm so grateful for my little family...it's been a struggle for us growing in the family department and there's not a day I take for granted having an awesome hubby and beautiful son!

The Morris Family said...

I'm glad you got a new camera. You've got to capture every moment you can with the babies. They are so beautiful, believe me they will grow faster than you think. I too am so grateful for the experience I had with my Abbi, it gives you such a new perspective on life and so many things we have to be thankful for. Oh and by the way MOVE BACK TO UTAH!!!

Anonymous said...

Was Lyza Snoozing or Shnoozing? :)
They are looking beautiful!
Brooke W.