Today we were able to go see Lyza and Brynlee with Ellie and Abbie. It was Ice Cream and Isolettes day. The babies looked so good. We were able to hold Lyza for the first time which was great. She did very well too. From now on I am going to wear a button down shirt so that I can hold them next to my skin. The nurses say that it helps the babies have a positive experience with touch rather than getting poked every time they are touched. It's exciting to see them actually improving rather than worrying about them being sick. Lyza though is in isolation still from her infection that she got a couple weeks ago. She had a rare staff infection that is a "super bug" so she might be in isolation until she leaves the hospital. So when we held her we had to wear gloves, a gown, and a mask. I don't like that at all.
Brynlee is getting 26 ccs of breast milk plus 22 extra calories every three hours and Lyza is getting 6 ccs every three hours. They are both on the c-pap and Brynlee is on 21% oxygen and Lyza is on 23% oxygen.
Things are looking up. Hopefully it stays that way!!!
7 comments:
You probably know the skin-skin is called "kangaroo care" but yeah, it's highly encouraged for the babies!! It's amazing the power touch has. I'm so happy to hear you get to hold them often...well, at least one of them for now. Even just singing or talking to them is soothing, because they know your voice!! They are so sweet!
Good news!!!! Lets keep the good news coming!! ps mary jane falls hike looked like fun. I'm glad that even though you have the babies in the hospital you have been able to still live life instead of go crazy. Good for you
sarah
Okay so I probably should send you some roses. I see that you finally fould my blog again. I had some blog problems and had to start all over. Anyway thanks for the blind date. We are so glad the girls are doing so well. If I decide to go to Cali this summer I will stop by and say hello. By the way I loved the idea about the grateful things and the weight loss competition. Thanks for the ideas.
I am so glad your girls are doing so great. I love your updates and am always thinking about your sweet babies.
I LOVED doing kangaroo care it was my favorite. I felt like that is finally when I got to really bond with Teagan. Umm, by the way I noticed that you were in Utah on my 30th birthday you big dogger!! And we have Lagoon season passes so we could have come to that too. NICE.... hahaha
You really are good at keeping your blog up to date. I am so happy the twins continue to do better, even if it is slowly.
Great news on the babies! Loved reading your comment on my blog and loved hearing that Jason was looking at it as well. We all have so many great memories together. Next time your up this way we need to have a reunion of sorts. Well just wanted you to know we are still praying for you guys and hope things will continue to improve everyday. Love you both...move back soon!
Love,Amy
Post a Comment