Brynlee went from being on the nasal canula back to the c-pap because she was having a lot of desats as well. Bummer. She is still eating though. She is up to 14 ccs (almost 3 teaspoons) and doing well with that. She weighs 2 lbs 8 oz. The nurse that is taking care of them said that today was the best day out of the three that she has been there. So hopefully they will start to do better.
Man...This is such a roller-coaster ride! It drives me nuts to not have them continually get better. I can't stand that some days they are doing well so they get taken off something or start something new then the next day they aren't tolerating it so they have to go back to where they were a few days before. The doctors told us to expect this because they are so premature but that doesn't make it any easier.
So I happened to be standing over Kamie's shoulder as she was typing this entry and cannot help but comment on a couple of things. First, Kamie is trying to show off by using fancy medical terms such as canula, c-pap, desats, lipids, etc. I can't handle any more medical jargon or acronyms like PDA. I prefer that it is explained in simple terms that the average Joe like myself can understand. Second, I have noticed recently that Kamie likes to select the worst pictures of me and my balding head and post them on the blog for all to see. She finds humor in this and my reaction to seeing aerial views of the top of my head. So, for all those old high school acquaintances that have seen my latest hair fashion and wondered what has happened to good ol' # 5, try to remember the glory days of Jason with a full head of long wavy locks, rather than the thinning, receding hairline Jason! I will get even with my dear wife so stay posted for embarrassing photos of Kamie. Third, and on a more serious note, we have been overwhelmed by the kindness and concern shown by all our family and friends since our twins were born. We cannot count the number of phone calls or e-mails we have received from friends and family offering their support and prayers. Thanks to all of you and may the Lord bless you for your service and prayers in our behalf.
9 comments:
Thanks for the updates. We included you all in our fast last Sunday and you are in our prayers.
I will keep checking in to see how you are doing...I am glad to hear that you haven't lost your sense of humor!
Kamie, I think the terminology you are using is awesome...you are learning so much! But I am also a nurse, so it's my second language and I don't think twice about it.
I also wish I could give words of encouragement to you guys too...I know how draining it can be, just like you said the set-backs are frustrating. But, don't look at them as set-backs, try to think of it as the advancements they are trying to accomplish with your babies are coming a little too soon for them. Safety is the most important thing for your babies and when they try these new procedures and the girl's can't tolerate them, it's okay...soon enough they will. It is a very slow process though. I hope you can endure!!!! It can be grueling. I hope you have good nurses though, and that they are explaining things to you guys...don't ever hesitate to ask them a question.
Sorry, I'm totally not trying to lecture, I just know how hard of a situation you are in! I really am impressed with how well the babes are doing though! And how positive you both have been!
Jason, haven't you ever heard the term "bald is sexy!" There are alot of people that dig it...so have confidence my man! Plus, I don't think people in HS necessarily liked you for your hair...I think it was your legs! lol.
You guys are hilarious :)
Kamie-
Tell Jason, Dan feels the same way. But to be honest I like Dan with and shaved head. Thanks for the update on the babies. Your both such an example to us. Your family is in our prayers. I hope tomorrow will bring you better news.
Lisa G
I am sorry things are so up and down lately. I can't imagine how frustrating that must be. Hang in there, and PLEASE call me if I can babysit for you, or do anything else to help!!!
Hey Jason I am way stoked to see a good pic of Kamie. If you don't have a good one, I do. It was from Cheer Competition in CA. It has something to do with her hanging out in a bath towell and her bra over the towell:)
I don't even know what you're talking about.
Okay, Kamie and Jason I was totally laughing when I was reading Jason's little comment about the hair. J - take it from one of your dearest old time friends you still look great! Your hiliarious for the comment and I was reading and thinking of all the fun times we have all had in the past. We sure miss you guys a ton and you are two of the best people I have ever known. We are praying for you and hope you feel peace and comfort. Your the best and sounds like your marriage is pretty incredible as well, keep laughing it will keep you strong through this.
Love you both,
Amy Parkin
Jason-
Always loved your legs...
Kamie-
Hang in there...you amaze me!!
To you both-
You are in our prayers as well as my parents prayers. Thank you for the updates and the humor! Love you guys!
Rachel Baird Buchanan
I have to check out your blog ever now and then to see how the twins are doing. I haven't commented yet I am sure you get tons. It is such a rollercoaster ride i only kinda know, we only had to do that for 3 weeks, but one of my best friends did it for 3 months at the same time I had our Brinley. We think about you guys often and pray for your girls. As for this post i was laughing because Kirk is always saying the same thing. But there is is not much hair left for him anymore. Our boys always ask where all his hair is and he say "I gave it to you guys"
Best of Luck with everthing
Post a Comment