Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Swimming Days Are Here Again!!
Check out Noah's hair...awesome
Jason and I got to "kangaroo" Lyza and Brynlee today.  It was so much fun!  I didn't quite know how to kangaroo them because I had a t-shirt on so the nurse told me to just take off my shirt.  So I told her I had garments on too so she told me to just take those off as well.  So I asked "well, what do I do with my bra?"  and she said to just take that off too.  So I'm feeling a little uncomfortable because the NICU is a large room with many babies... and doctors... and RT's... and other parents... so she finally closes the curtains which makes it a little better.  It was a little awkward at first but once she put the babies on my skin it was so sweet.  I don't know what it is about skin to skin but it was so neat to be able to hold them like that.  It made them feel real.  And then an alarm went off and some guy came in to see what the problem was...awkward!!  
After I held Brynlee she was wide awake.  I had the nurse take some pictures while I was holding the babies but I decided not to put them on my blog.  (a little too much exposure if you know what I mean)


Jason Kangarooing Brynlee.  
(just wanted to clarify... didn't want anyone to think that was my hairy chest.)

They did an eye exam on the girls today.  Looks good so far.  They are at a level 1 for ROP which should resolve on its own.  They also had a blood transfusion today so they stopped the feeds for 6 hrs.  Brynlee did NOT like that.  When the new nurse came on at 7:00 she said Brynlee was kicking and screaming which is a good sign.  It shows that she is feeling better.

4 comments:

lisa g said...

Whenever I read your blog it makes me want to live better and just enjoy each and every minute with my kids. Reading about the twins always makes me cry I love the steps they are taking. I'm sure that the kangaroo thing was such a bonding experience. Your guys are so strong and an example to us.

holmesfamily8 said...

They are getting so cute! I am glad you get to feel closer to them with the skin to skin contact. It is so hard to have your babies in a place where everyone seems to have control over them but you! Your pictures are great!

30somethingmama said...

Hey there. Thanks again for letting us play with the kids the other night. We had so much fun! I'm glad to see that you got to kangaroo the babies. They are so cute and sweet and it's fun to see the pictures of them! Thanks for sharing!

Mandi Brown said...

Kami, we are glad things are going well, the babies seem to be doing well, keep up the good work