Hey there! I'm just blogging while I'm up in Utah. The girls, Noah, and I decided to get away to visit family. Jason is staying until Thursday then going fishing with his family. I feel so dang guilty about leaving the girls but it's been nice to have a change of scenery and to see family that we haven't seen for a while. Today we went to Classic Roller Skating and tomorrow we are going to Lagoon which I'm very excited about. I haven't been there forever and my kids are so excited to go too.
Here's a quick update on the twins...
The last few days haven't been that great for Lyza. She started desating a lot Saturday night so they had to reintibate her and give her a blood transfusion. She kept desating and having apnea spells so they tested her for an infection and they think she may have Pneumonia. Yikes!! It sounds pretty scary to me but the doctors weren't freaking out that badly about it. They said they think they caught it early enough on that she should be ok. Today I talked to the nurse and she said that she had a good day. She didn't have too many "spells" and they started her on milk again today (3ccs).
Brynlee is doing pretty well right now. Sunday she had to have a blood transfusion as well because the doctors were drawing more blood than she could make. They stopped her feeds while she was getting the transfusion but started her again yesterday. She is up to 13 ccs today.
Some cute kiddie humor...
A few days ago, Noah had a friend over to play. I was getting ready to pump so I put my pump together then had to go outside to get something real quick. When I came back in, Noah and his friend had one pump hooked up to each of their chests. It was hilarious! I asked Noah what he was doing and he said "I'm just pumpin'". I wish I would have gotten a picture... it would be a sweet picture to blackmail him with later on down the road. Then, while I was pumping, his older brother who is 8 saw me pumping and asked "Sister Barrus, how does milk come out of your milkers?" I couldn't stop laughing.
Isn't innocence sweet?
6 comments:
Kamie-
That's great to get a break from the stress of home. And how wonderful for the kids to get a vacation and get to see family. Thanks for the update on the twins. We will continue to pray for them. Lisa
Noah is way funny. I wish I was in Utah and could hang with you. Have a fun trip. I hope you go back home to happy news and all is well
sarah
Oh my gosh, that is hilarious about the boys and pumping!!!! That's one for the record for sure!
Have fun in Utah. You better have fun on your break :)
Kamie,
Thanks for updating us! The girls are still hoping you'll call to bring your kiddos over to play. I'm so glad you are getting a break. I'm sure that it's much needed. Have fun!
Alisa
Kamie-
Your blog is so cute. Is it okay if I add yours to mine? I finally jumped on the bandwagon and added mine. Hope all is well! RockandChristineHull.blogspot.com
I love the story about the pump. i have pictures of Preston with mine except he hooked them to his lips and it sucked them into GIANTLY PLUMP SMOOCHERS! It was funny.
I am glad you got a chance to get a little break - the hospital can be monotonous and the long walk to the girls is mentally exhausting - just wondering what will I find today and what will the doctors tell me! Such a roller coaster ride. Besides the older kids need you, too!
Post a Comment