Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lyza totally enjoying the view
Brynlee examining her dad

Me and Bryn

Brynlee showing off her funny pose she just started doing

Jason and Lyza

Me and Bryn

Ellie and Brynlee

This last Saturday Jason and I thought we'd go on a "date" and hike Red Rock.  We've been taking our babies on our "dates" because we don't feel like any teenage girl would feel comfortable watching 10 month old twins... plus 3.  It was a little crazy to say the least.  The hike was moderate but... man!  It took us 2 hours, there were huge rocks that we had to climb over, and the twins were NOT liking it.  There was a part where I almost had an anxiety attack because I couldn't figure out how to climb off this rock with Lyza on my back.  Every time I crouched down she got stuck on a rock and I felt like I was going to fall face first.   I was sure we would have to be lifted off the mountain by helicopter.  Then when we got the twins out of the packs and into the car they were totally shivering.  I felt so bad!  I had no clue they were cold.  Had I known... I would have wrapped them in my jacket that was tied most conveniently around my waste.

After all that complaining... it was actually really fun.  It was nice to go on a date that was a little more than going out to eat and a movie.  I told Jason we should try thinking like High Schoolers again and plan fun dates.  He said that was fine with him as long as we could "make out" like High Schoolers again.  I said fine...  I guess we'll just do dinner and a movie. :)

11 comments:

The Kelly's said...

Oh come on Kamie. Just make out with your husband already! Geez. :)

We want to come along next time.

The Kelly's said...

I notice you didn't comment on my "things you never thought you would say" post. But there it is right in your post. In high school I bet you never would have thought you would say, "let's go to dinner and a movie instead of make out." Don't deny it! You NEVER would have said that.

Kendra said...

I can't believe we didn't see you on Saturday! We were hiking at Red Rock too! How fun! I was huffing and puffing too much to even think about making out with my hubby! And Ellie would've thought that was disgusting!

Amy said...

You and Jason are inspiring! Look at you two been so creative, you have now raised the bar for all of us lazy daters...well I except the challenge to be more creative, thanks! What a fine day for you guys. Love you, Amy

Kari said...

Hiking with twins...that is very ambitious of you! I love the first picture of Lyza poking her head above the carrier SO CUTE!

The Morris Family said...

Ok well I'm jealous of the fun times in Vegas like hiking in Red Rock! How fun and amazing that you did it with a baby on your back! You look so good too!!! By the way you guys could always move back and go skiing with us anytime! There's still lots right by us. No pressure!

Brooke and Justin said...

Hey - here is an idea for your next date - Why don't you run Red Rock! It has great scenery and rolling hills! (ha ha ha) That still has to be the WORST run of my life. It looks like you guys had a great time. And the girls look like sooo cute. I can't wait to see them! (and the rest of the family too.)

Janelle said...

You look great! What a fun date.

Chelsey said...

OK Kamie you are way too skinny to have 5 kids!!!

Richard and Michelle said...

You guys do fun dates all the time, I remember when I lived with you guys I walked in on one of your fun dates... I think it had something to do with poker? Oh and didn't you guys get caught up at Fernwood making out... AFTER YOU WERE MARRIED! Hilarious.
Brooke, you can't tell me that run was harder that the Deseret News marathon. Seriously.
7 more weeks til our fun fun weekend!

thebarrusfamily said...

Shhhh Michelle. You're making everyone jealous.