Lately I've been trying to find ways to have more
"joy"
in my life by thinking of the next vacation to go on
or what new activity we could do as a family... and the scripture
"Men are that they might have joy"
keeps going through my mind.
I keep thinking
"I should be more happy...
shouldn't I?"
Why do I feel like I'm going to pull my hair out 20 times a day
and why do I feel like I have to be
"the mean mom" most of the time?
I mean... life is pretty stressful for us all... isn't it?
I know I'm not the only one who feels like I am being
pulled from every direction
and crawling into bed at night
barely able to make it to the pillow without falling asleep.
Jason and I keep saying
"when we have more money we can do...
or we can buy... "
You know the Sunday when nothing is going right? When the baby wakes with a fever, you lose an hour because of Day Light Savings, the kids want to stay in bed, and you just plain don't want to go to church? Well that was my morning.
Then I went to Stake Conference and Pres. Monson spoke and quoted this poem.
I slept and dreamt
That life was joy
I woke and saw
That life was duty
I acted, and behold!
Duty was joy.
Rabindranath Tagore
Isn't funny how the Lord knows what we need, when we need it?
7 comments:
Interesting quote, I like it. If it makes you feel any better you always sound joyful when I talk to you on the phone.
LOVE YOU!
President Monson spoke at your Satke Confrence? WOW. Anyway, I think you are doing a great job as a mom.
I love that quote. I also woke up sunday with a feverish baby who was covered in throw-up so needless to say I didn't go to stake conference....I needed to hear that. thank you for sharing, very good insight.
Families are so much work but I would much rather have one than be lonely! I'm so happy to be a mom and wife, and yet that is what makes all this work for me. So true that duty is joy.
that was mean, I almost ate the computer......I'm so hungry. this no sugar thing is making me eat every thing in the house because I'm trying to fill the hunger for sugar. watch after all of this I'm actually going to gain weight!
What a neat quote! I also love the talk from last General Conference about finding joy in today, not yesterday or tomorrow. I am so guilty of saying "when we have more money..." etc. too.
Awesome poem! I have been struggling with finding joy as well. It's hard between juggling the twins, keeping the house clean, and keeping my oldest little guy entertained. I find a lot of inspiration in your blog though. If you can do it with five then I can certainly do it with two. Keep up the good work lady!
Post a Comment