So the day has finally come!!
Brynlee is HOME!!!
We roomed in at
the hospital last night to
make sure we were comfortable
with having her come home and
she did great. Although Jason
and I didn't get any sleep
because her stinking probe
was in the wrong place and kept
dinging so we thought something
was wrong. Thank heaven nothing was.
We are loving having her home.
The older kids came down
with my mom today and
got to see Brynlee and hold her
for the first time. I was so
excited to see them until they ran
right past me to see their new
sister. That's OK. I know where
I stand... although Noah keeps
calling me Grandma...hmmmm.
Thanks to everyone that has helped!
Especially Ryan & Marge
and Grandma Joan.
I know watching three kids
isn't the easiest thing to do but they
love you so much and had so much fun
staying with you and are looking forward
to playing with Grandma Joan
while she stays at our home.
Nicole, they loved playing at
your house and selling cookies.
Thanks for taking them on and letting
them play and sleep at your house.
We are so excited to share Brynlee
with everyone but please be patient
with us if we ask you to wash your hands up
to your armpits for three minutes
or if we just aren't
ready for visitors yet.
Being at the hospital
for this long really made us
not want to go back. The Doctors told us
that a simple cold for one of us could be
enough to make a preemie stop
breathing and end up back in
the hospital. So please don't hate me
if we quarantine our home
for a while.
Well...off to bed to sleep for a couple hours.
LYZA...YOU'RE NEXT!!!
WE CAN'T WAIT!



12 comments:
That is such GREAT news!! How exciting!! Way cute pics!!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so great!
Yipee!!! So happy for you. I hope Lyza doesn't take too long and you can have them both home soon.
Kamie I am so dang excited for you!!! I bet your kids are just in hog heaven with Brynlee home! Don't worry, I was the same way with washing hands and stuff, although it sounds like you will be better than me at making people really do it because after a while I just hoped that they would do it themselves because I felt stupid asking! Everyone has been really good to understand so hopefully so will your friends and family! Congrats again and get used to the new addition before the next one comes, it won't be long before you have 5 kids at home...wow!
Kamie- That is the best news! I am so excited for you. God sure is blessing your family and those little angels! I Wish you the best. Love ya
Kamie-
That is the best news. It is amazing the progress those girls have made. They are such strong spirits. Good luck with them. You will still be in our prayers.
Congrats. I am way happy right now. I can't imagine how you must fee. It is a miracle:)
sarah
Great news and cute pictures!
I am so excited for you to have Brynlee home. She is so sweet and cute! It is amazing how much they have grown, yet how tiny they still are. We'll be rooting for Lyza too! Take care and call me if the kids need to get out.
Love ya, Alisa
Congratulations about Brynlee!!
What a great day!!
We miss you guys! Keep the blog updated! I love reading about how the babes are doing!
Don't feel bad about asking people to be sterile before coming close to the babies. I put a sign on my front window to remind people to be considerate of our new arrival home. Luke got MRSA 3 weeks after being home and ended back in the PICU with all sorts of testing for 5 days. Not fun, so it is okay to be EXTREMELY cautious. I didn't even take him out of our back room for weeks after he got home just to keep any germy drafts away. So happy that you got one home. I remember my night stay at the hospital too, very little sleep and not much once they get home either. Good luck. It is all uphill from here. They are both adorable too. I love seeing the photos of them. I bet your other kids are super excited too.
I am so excited for you and your family!!! What a great blessing it is to have her home, and what a beautiful baby she is. I'll call you when I get home to set up a time to bring dinner again! Hopefully Lyza will be home by then.
Post a Comment