So today Kamie has hit the big 30!!! Only such a special occasion could make me even attempt to post something on our blog without Kamie's knowledge or help. Ellie and Abbie brought her breakfast in bed this morning without any suggestion from Dad. I met Kamie nearly 15 years ago and some of my first memories of her are sneaking up on me walking down the hallway in good ol' Layton High and spitting water in my ear or kicking me in the butt like I was one of her brothers. I suppose that was her way of flirting, but from then on I knew she was one of a kind, very assertive, and that there would never be a dull moment with her. She has proved me right again and again, most recently in the hospital with our twins as she would never hesitate to speak her mind to the doctors or nurses. I would try to think of less subtle ways to communicate our concerns, but Kamie would get right in their faces and let them know that she was not going to tolerate sub standard care for our sweet little twins. My Dad and I had to restrain Kamie one night in the hospital from boxing a nurse because Kamie did not want to wear a gown to hold Lyza. I thought for a moment I may be defending my own wife in court for assaulting a health care professional!! Just kidding, but she is never afraid to speak her mind and I love that about her. I would have never thought that a little water in the ear and a kick in the butt would turn into 5 kids, but life has been kind to us and I love that I can spend the ups and downs with my high school sweetheart, the one and only Kamie Kelly Barrus!
I love you Kam.
Love, J
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Kamie!!! Thirty years old with five kids, you look amazing!!
Brooke Woodward
Happy Birthday!!! I totally can picture you spitting in Jason's ear that is so funny. You do look so awesome and your family is absolutely beautiful.
Kamie- You look so good! Those pictures are so cute of your girls and family too. But you look so so skinny! Anyway, that was way sweet of Jason to get on the blog and write that cute little thing for your birthday.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAMIE! Your husband is so sweet for posting that about you! You are loved!
Kamie, It was great to run into you guys at Kona Grill. That was crazy we happened to be there at the same time. Your twins are beautiful. What a lucky family to be so blessed. I might need to buy some of those cute headband flowers you make. They are adorable. Where did you get the headbands? I can't find them anywhere here in Vegas. Let me know. We should get together sometime. My number is 395-6250.
Bree Allphin (Jeremy's wife)
Happy b-day Kamie. I remember you trying to get out of History class just because Jason had lunch at that time and you wanted to sneak out and go see him. Silly girl. Welcome to old age:)
Post a Comment