Monday, August 25, 2008

First day of school...



So, this is the first day alone with my 5 kids.
  I got everyone ready and out the door by 8:50. 
 I was thinking that I could be mother-of-the-year
 for accomplishing that feet alone.  
That's when it all hit the fan...

I'm sure I looked funny walking across the street with
 2 girls, a 3 yr old boy, and a double stroller.
  But that didn't stop me.
  We got to school on time along with everyone else. 
 I see one of my friends there and
 ask if she'll stand by my twins and Noah
 while I walk Abbie up to her line.
  She agrees and I get back a minute later and 
Noah is GONE!! 
 I ask her where Noah is
 and she says that she looked up for a minute
 and he was gone.  
We look everywhere and can't find him.  
He's not on any playground,
 he's not in the front,
 and not the back.  
I look over at the kindergarten area 
thinking that maybe he thought
 I was going over there to take
 Abbie and don't see him.
  I'm having a panic attack.
  I go back to where I last saw him 
when I hear my friend say that she found him.
  He WAS over at the kindergarten area
 on the playground crying because he can't find me.  
WHAT A RELIEF!!!

Then I take Noah to his friends house 
so I can go to the G.I. Doctor for my twins.  
I don't get back until 12:30, 
feed my twins, 
feed myself 
and want to lay down to read to wind down.  
I fall asleep while reading
at 2:30 and don't wake up until 3:25!!  
It was one of those DEEP sleeps 
where I woke up and couldn't tell you my name
 let alone how many kids I had and where they were.  
I realize where Ellie and Abbie are,
 look at the clock and realize I am WAY late.
  School gets out at 3:22.  
I freak out and realize 
that there is no way I can get down 
to get Ellie and Abbie on time.  
So I call my friend who found Noah,
 watched Noah,
 and I now am asking to pick up my girls
 while she is down picking up her son.  
SHE SAVED MY DAY!!!   

I need a nanny.  


7 comments:

Kristi said...

The last line, made me laugh! I couldn't help it...it totally brightened my day. You three kids, five kids, whatever sometimes we give so much it catches up with us! I was having a bit of pity me day - so thanks for the laugh!

The JorgenBlog said...

You can DO IT super mom! Of course your post made me laugh but I am sure it wasn't funny, right! Hang in there, and if I ever see Noah wandering on the streets around here I'll pick him up for you. You are doing great.

Storey

Jill said...

Holy crap girl! I am worn out just reading your story...I can't imagine living it. I am going to enjoy my ONE child for now!!! lol.
You're awesome.

Sarah L. said...

Wow! I thought I had it bad. As long as you can laugh in the end it's all good. . right? I'm sure you are handling it great, if not, then almost great:) Hang in there

the Bachlers said...

So when should the RS begin bringing in some meals?

thebarrusfamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jodi and Josh said...

What a crazy day!!
I totally know that feeling about losing kids...
When we went to pick up Xander from nursery the other day he was gone... We looked all through the hallways and finally found him outside standing by a tree! Scared us to death.
Then both boys ran away from us at Josh's work, and it took forever for us to finally find them in the bathroom.
We use leashes now.
I'm impressed with you though!! You've got a big job!