Friday, August 8, 2008


Visiting Lyza

I spoke with the Doctor
last night and she increased
Lyza's feeds up to only bottles 
when she's awake and alert.
She is doing well but gets tired 
sometimes and they have to finish
feeding her by the tube.
She is gaining weight though and
weighs 5 lbs 3 oz.
We're just waiting for her to gain 
more weight and eat consistently
from a bottle.  It's taking 
FOREVER! 
I think she just likes the extra attention.
Little does she know how much fun it
  is at home.  
(or maybe she wants to stay at the hospital
because she saw the headbands I'm going to put on her head)
  

Happy 60th Birthday, Mom!


Yesterday I went to get my hair done and got a "wild hair" and colored my hair brown.  My hair usually doesn't take color that well so we went darker than normal and it turned out almost black. AHHHH!  It will take some getting used to but I like it.  I think.  When I got home after getting it done Noah kept saying "You look ugly, mom."  Nice.



The other day Ellie was holding 
Brynlee and said 
"Mom!!  Brynlee can
already cross her eyes!"


I've had so much fun dressing her 
up and putting flowers in her hair.  
What a darling little girl.





We are having so much fun with Brynlee home.  Ellie, Abbie, and Noah came home the same day Brynlee did and were so excited to meet their little sister.  My mom brought them down and has been such a great help.  I've been able to still go out to see Lyza because my mom stays home with the kids.  We really appreciate her help.  

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Aren't you just loving having Brynlee home!!! I love your crib bedding.I can't really see it fully but it looks so cute! Brynlee looks so good, how is Lyza doing? Does she just need to learn to eat still and then she can come home? I heard that Michelle was engaged, do you know when she is getting married, I am not a very good friend because I haven't called her yet!

30somethingmama said...

Those pictures are all so cute! It's so cute to see the kids with Brynlee! I'm glad it's going well! I've been checking your blog to see your new "do". I love it! It gives me the guts to do it myself. Hope Lyza gets to go home soon too.

Kristi said...

I love having wonderful parents! They sure are a blessing!