Friday, May 23, 2008

My mom and I just got back from seeing the twins and today is a good day.  They were switched from the Jet ventilator to the regular ventilator, which is progress, so that is great.  They are also needing less oxygen as well.  
Lyza and Brynlee are feisty little girls.  This morning Lyza was kicking in her heals and arching her back, totally ticked about something.  They couldn't get her to calm down for 3 hours.  They tried sedating her and it took 3 different kinds of sedatives to get her to relax.    I wish I would have been there to see it.  Most of the time we only see them sleeping so seeing them doing something other than sleeping would be awesome.  Even if they are ticked.  
Today Brynlee was introduced to the binki.  It was so cool to see her like something and realy want it.  It kept on falling out so she tried getting it with her tongue and lifting her head to find it.  I can't get over how something that seems so insignificant in a normal baby is so monumental with these preemies. 

6 comments:

Rachelle said...

I am so glad that they are making improvement. I think about your girls all the time.

Ms. Boedee said...

I am glad that you are updating about the girls. We pray for them daily and the rest of your family as well.

Sarah L. said...

I am so glad that they are doing better. I can't imagine what it would feel like to see my babies going through all this stuff. You are amazing. Keep the updates coming because there isn't a day that goes by that I don't wonder how you are all doing.

Kristi said...

Good news. I can't stand the roller coaster ride this can be. you're right about the little things being so monumental. I remember one time I came to sit with McKinley and the nurse had dressed her and put a cute bow in her hair. I cried seeing her like that. All we had known before was a baby in a teeny-tiny diaper and tubes everywhere. The little steps mean so much right now. Our prayers.

The JorgenBlog said...

Thank you for updating the blog so often. It helps us know what to particularly pray for. I like that the girls are so fiesty. Fiesty girls are better than calm ones, and they fight harder. And yes, I have been rubbing it in to Ben that I beat him in the race. It is a sensitive subject so I have to be careful.

Thinking of you,

Storey

Lila said...

Oh poor babies. We are thinking of you...