This is Lyza before they prepped her for surgery. I know all the pictures look the same but this time she is on her tummy. Isn't she so cute??
Yesterday Lyza had to have surgery on her PDA. It's something in the heart that is open while they are in the womb but is supposed to close after the baby takes its first breath. It closed with medication for Brynlee but Lyza's didn't so they had to close it last night at 5:00. It was so hard to see her lying there on the table without a diaper on, on her side, totally put under, knowing how little she is, and that she was going to have to have major surgery. The surgery only lasted 20 minutes and the Doctor said it went well. We went back in to see her and saw the incision which went from her left side to about the middle of her back. About 1 1/2 inches long. It looks huge on such a little baby. But, we're hoping and praying that this will be he trick that will help her get better. She is so freaking sweet!!!
4 comments:
I am glad to hear that they were able to close her PDA. These girls are going to be such strong spirits after all this! I do agree that they are just so stinkin' cute! I can't get over how tiny they are!
Kami
I am so glad to hear that the surgery went well, I was thinking about it all night. She is so adorable. If there is anything I can do to make life easier for you let me know, anything at all. You are in my prayers.
That is amazing. I hope you guys are holding up okay. I worked in the NICU for a year and I know it gets intense and exhausting. I hope all is going well.
Oh kami, I was out of town when all of this happened and it breaks my heart. But I am glad the surgery went well. You guys are going through so much now but in a couple of months they'll be home and a year or two from now it will all be a thing of the past. they will be all over like nothing ever hindered their beginning in the first place.
They are sweet...
Post a Comment