Tuesday, May 27, 2008

We finally get to hold the babies!!


We could only hold Lyza up while they changed her bedding. She still had her art. line in so we couldn't hold her out of the bed. But she was wide awake and looking at us. She looked so cute.
Here's Lyza with her elephant nose on. I don't like the way this makes her look but whatever they need, right? I thought she looked cute like this. She likes being on her tummy with her bum up.
Here's Brynlee. We could only hold her for about 5 minutes but it was so much fun. She did pretty well, too, while she was out of the incubator.


As of this morning they are both doing pretty well. They are still both off the ventilators and tolerating their feeds. YA!!

9 comments:

Jill said...

I love seeing all the updates...I miss working with the babies like that. It's so good to hear they are doing okay. They are sooooo tiny!

Lisa said...

I'm so excited for you to finally get to hold them. They are adorable. They're in our prayers. Lisa G

Kristi said...

That's an amazing sight to see! I knew they were small, like the size of the ruler but seeing you hold them makes them look all the more tiny and fragile!

Ben & Carly said...

I am so happy for you! They look so adorable. I'm sure that did your heart good to be able to hold them, what a miracle they are. I will keep checking on you but let me know if you need anything. your family is in my prayers.

The Kelly's said...

Yeah!!!! They look so great.

April said...

Those pictures are precious! I am so glad they are doing so well. You have been in our prayers!

Vegas Anderson Clan said...

Cami,
I heard about the early delivery from some of our ward members and have been wanting to call and see how you are doing. It looks as though the girls are progressing. I remember holding Luke for the first time, he was all bundled up in a bean bag with about 3 blankets-and was that way the first week. It was great to finally hold him in just a little blanket actually feeling his tiny body-not as tiny as your girls. I hope you are doing well. Hang in there, it does get better and before you know it you can't imagine them being so small. Luke is now 3 and thriving like a normal 3 year old. Our blog is sherbearworld.blogspot.com to see updates on our family.
Sherry Anderson

Sarah L. said...

Finally!!!! I am way happy. You guys look so happy holding the girls. I love the updates, they keep us connected. ;)

holmesfamily8 said...

Awesome pictures! I cannot believe how tiny they are either! Alex and Benson were 5 lbs each, and they seemed tiny to me! I hope they continue to do well and you can hold them more often!