Friday, May 30, 2008

Lyza and Brynlee are still doing well.  It makes me nervous that I haven't had bad news from the Doctor for a few days...  I feel like our luck is running out.  Hopefully not.  Here are some answers to some of the questions I've been asked lately...
They'll probably stay in the hospital until their due date which is August 9th.  The nurse last night said that for every infection they get, they stay for 2 more weeks.  Hopefully that isn't the case and the babes don't get anymore infections.  I'm not sure when we'll start feeding them bottles.  They have a feeding tube down their throat right now until they get their gag reflex then they will get the tube down the nose.  I want to nurse so I'm not sure how that will work.  I'm pumping right now so they are getting mommies milk.  It's a pain in the bootie but I like doing it because it's the only thing I can do for them right now other than visit them. 

3 comments:

Ben & Carly said...

I love that picture of Brynlee with her mouth open like that, it is so cute. Props to you for pumping, that is not easy but I am sure it makes you feel a little more connected while they are in the hospital. I love that you keep posting because I am always wondering how you are doing but I hesitate to keep bugging you on the phone. On the other hand you are more than welcome to bug me ANYTIME, I hope you know that I would love to help in anyway you need me!

lisa g said...

Kamie-
I just started a blog can I add you as a link?

Lisa G

Sarah L. said...

Yeah for great news. Don't worry about it, it will be up hill from here, hopefully!!! I am glad you are able to interact with them more. You are so great to be pumping. I hope all goes well and they can come home on their due date. Good luck
sarah