Sunday, May 25, 2008

As of this morning, Brynlee is doing well without the ventilator.  She got it taken out last night and did well through the night with just a nasal canula.  If she continues to do well, she will have her art. line (which draws blood) taken out and we will be able to hold her for the first time.  This morning Lyza went off the ventilator and got a nasal canula put in also.  If she does well, she will also get her art. line taken out and we will be able to hold her.  Brynlee weighs 2 lbs 2 oz and Lyza weights 2lbs.  They are both doing well on their feeds and will be going up to 2 ccs every three hours.  
We are so glad that things are going well for both of them-  hopefully it continues.  Last night I changed Brynlees diaper for the first time.  It was weird lifting up her legs to put the diaper underneath her.  She was so light compared to what I've been used to.  It was good to be able to actually do something for her.  

6 comments:

Jill said...

Yippee. Any progress is great. Sounds wonderful. I hope it continues to go well.
LOVE the new family pix, so cute!

Sarah L. said...

Good news is the best. I bet you are so excited to hold the girls. Has the doctor said anything about how big they have to be to be able to go home? Or is that too far in advanced for right now? I hope tomorrow brings good news too.

Lila said...

We are glad to hear they are improving. I can't imagine what you guys are going through but hang in there.

mparkin said...

Kamie and Jason we were so sad to hear about the news of your twins, but so grateful to hear that they are making such great progess. Our prayers are continually with your family and we want you to know that we love and care for you. Love you tonz, Matt and Amy (McCormack) Parkin

Helen Gourley said...

I have been checking your blog ever since I left Vegas after Shay's blessing. I am so glad your babies are doing well. We are praying for all of you. Love, Megan's Mom

Lisa said...

I check your blog like everyday hoping you will update it and we can see the progress of the girls. We are excited for the steps the girls are making. The boys pray for them all the time.