Lyza and Brynlee
Lyza
Brynlee
The babies are still doing well. Lyza is finally off of the c-pap and is doing well. She has occasional d-sats but is mostly able to bring herself back up. Brynlee is still doing well on the nasal canula.
I probably shouldn't write this but there is this nurse in the NICU that drives me nuts!! Over the 4th we got a room at a hotel to celebrate. I still had to pump but didn't have anywhere to store the milk. So I took it to the hospital when I was going to see the babies. I forgot to bring my own milk bags so I thought I could ask the nurse if I could borrow some while we were at the hotel (we just stayed for one night). So, I get there and the NICU is closed because they are doing a surgery on one of the babies. This has happened before and it DRIVES ME CRAZY because we go to the trouble of getting a sitter, drive all the way out there, and we can't even see them. So I'm bugged that I can't go in but I also have this milk that I don't want to throw away and just want to leave in their fridge. So the nurse comes out and says in a bugged tone "Did you know that the NICU is closed?" I'm thinking uh... yeah. Isn't that why I have to stand out in the hall and wait for you to come out to talk to me? Then I ask the nurse if I can use some of their bags and she says that they're not supposed to give those out. (Other nurses have so I didn't know this was their "policy") Then she asks "Did someone tell you to bring some more milk? We have plenty in the fridge." Like it is such a pain to have to put milk in the fridge. She then tells me that I need to go to the store to buy the milk bags. I'm thinking DUDE! How much is this hospital being payed to have my babies here and they won't even let me have some milk bags? So I ask her if I can have some bags just for the milk that I have there and she finally gives me some. So later I come back in to see the babies and she makes me put on a gown to hold Brynlee. That just put me over the edge. I've never had to put on a gown to hold Brynlee because she hasn't been sick. ANYWAY, if you were able to get through all of that...I don't want this nurse again. I WANT OUT OF THE NICU!!!! (I know this sounds so petty and little but I am getting so tired of going to the hospital to see my babies. I just want them home. Also... I have really had a great experience so far with the doctors and nurses. It's just this nurse that I have had a hard time with. Sorry if I sound like a baby.)
6 comments:
Hang in there. I'm sure you are almost done. So ask Jason where his embarrasing pics of you are. I haven't seen any yet!!!
sarah
Ugh. I am sorry that you are going through that. Shelby had a nurse like that and she drove me CRAZY. She was so rude and it upset me so bad when she was her nurse that I requested that she not take care of her anymore. I would talk to the NICU and see if they would do that. BTW, I dont think your acting like a baby. It felt like sometimes the nurses forget that no matter what, they are still YOUR babies. Good luck.
Kamie,wow I can't believe how your life right now sounds like mine did about a month and a half ago. I had times about the same time as you (when you can hold the babies a little bit but they have bad days and you are told that you, their mother, can't hold them). And to be told that you need to wear a gown, I would have been so mad. I am sad to hear that you are so frustrated but at the same time a little relieved because I thought I was just going crazy at times. I had a few times that I would come home and tell Kurt that I wasn't ever going back and that I was just going to have them call me when they were ready. That didn't last longer than 24 hours though. There were times that I would want to remind the nurses that it was my name on their name tags and that they need their mom. Anyway you probably shouldn't get me going. Hang in there because it will get better,I promise. If you want to email me or call me, it helps to talk to someone i think that has been through it. My phone # is #774-9815 or email is chelseylindsay@yahoo.com. Don't feel like you have to but if you need to please do, I had a girl from high school that I didn't really even know and we emailed a little bit because she had a baby at 28 weeks and it helped me a little if anything just to talk about it. Hang in there they look like they are doing really well. Oh, PS which hospital are you at out there because one of the girls dr's had an old colleague that practices out there and he has talked to him about my girls, I can't remember his name right now. Anyway sorry so long,hang in there!
Kamie-
I would be so frustrated also. I can't believe how much you have gone through. Sometimes I wonder why some people are so out of it and just really not sensitive.
Hi Kamie,
Brooke gave me your blog address and I have been checking on you ever since. I am impressed that you made it so long without complaining at all! You are a trooper, hang in there. We had an annoying nurse when we went through the NICU days and finally we asked the supervisor not to put her on Ryan's case because I JUST COULD NOT HANDLE IT ANYMORE!!! Your girls are adorable. I went through the preemie thing the first time around so I didn't have other kids to worry about. I really admire how you seem to be keeping a balance - You are fabulous!
Amberly
Kamie,
I am so sorry for your frustrations. I can feel your pain and sympathize with you. Don't be scared to go to the charge nurses and tell them you don't want that nurse again! You are doing so good and the babies look wonderful! I promise there is an end to the NICU and it will be here before you know it.
And to comment on one of your earlier blogs...there is no question in my mind, with as much as preemies go through, yes they are stronger, they have to be. It is a blessinig they are given...be prepared the strength comes through in many ways. Your family is so blessed to have these miracles. You continue to be in our prayers.
Amy
Post a Comment