Today is a very frustrating day with the twins. I can't seem to figure out how to get them to sleep at the same time every day. Some days are SWEET and they do really well but most are like today where they won't nap... and I NEED them to nap. I tried waking the other one up if one wakes up so I can keep them on the same schedule and that seems to work sometimes but man I need it to work all the time. Hopefully it's just today and it just seems like every other day is like this because today is staring me in the face.
Anyway... does anyone have any tips?????
3 comments:
Rich and I will come be your nanny! Sorry it was a hard day! Here's another idea, move home and I'll help you every day!
I think Michelle's idea sounds like a good one,that is how I survive...family! Do you feel like it is getting easier as they get older, I feel like my girls are getting a little easier as they become not so dependent on me...mostly to entertain them all the time. I think it is impossible to get two babies (or two people for that matter) on the exact same schedule because even if they go down for their nap together, what if one sleeps longer than the other, are you going to wake them up...heck no not me. And then that one is ready to go down sooner than the other one for their next nap. You just do what you can to keep them on semi the same routine, I think, and then let them do their thing. Sorry not the best advice since you are trying to get them synchronized but that is what i think. I stress out more when I am trying to hard to get them to be exact but for my girls it is even harder because they are almost like two different ages. Karsyn eating cereal and stuff and Kennedy only on milk so they are in two different phases and their needs are different so it works for me to just let them do their thing. Sorry so long, good luck!
Hey Kamie,
I had this same problem. It is so frustrating because you want them on the same schedule, that is my only SANITY. What I started doing was if one of them wakes up crying (or talking) I would let them cry it out and in about 10 minutes or so they would go back to sleep. Sometimes it would wake the other up but then they would also go back to sleep. Sometimes I would even put them in seperate rooms becuase one would cry alot more then the other when going to sleep but that was mainly when they were newborns. So they finally now will take 2 2hour naps a day at the same time. Good luck!!
Post a Comment