Ellie LOVES to read and write. She is always writing stories and letters. This is a homework assignment that she had over the weekend. They had to write a story about a turkey that was trying to get out of getting eaten on Thanksgiving day. I thought it was GREAT... of course I am her mother but still...
Thanksgiving Onion
By: Ellie
One warm November evening Porky the Turkey was making a plan of how to get through Thanksgiving without becoming dinner. “Maybe I could… no no no… maybe… I got it! A disguise!” Porky cried. He pulled out his sewing machine and sewed SMELLY ONION on his least favorite hat. Then he stuck onions on the top. “ I’m an onion!” he cried. “I can dress up as an onion. Who likes onions? Well that’s sure not me!” He painted himself and a pair of overalls pure white. Then he sat on a low tree branch waiting for Thanksgiving. All of the sudden a farmer picked Porky up. “ Yummy! I love onions! And boy is it sure huge!” “Uh Oh” Porky managed to say before he fainted. Porky woke up baking in an oven. “AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!” Porky pushed the oven door open right when the farmer came in. “THE ONION’S ALIVE, THE ONION’S ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” the farmer shrieked. Porky burst out the door before the farmer could catch him. He hopped into a lake and came out as an ice block . He pushed himself to the ground making the ice shatter. He ran back home trying to think of something to disguise as besides food. He did make it through Thanksgiving not being eaten by a human… instead a shark. His mistake was thinking he could disguise himself as a fish and dove into the ocean. Woops!!
2 comments:
Ellie is such a sweetheart! I love that story, I can't wait to see you guys! we'll be leaving in 2 days!!!!
Michelle
Ellie, great writing! You use juicy descriptive words and you are really good at creating an interesting story line. Good job. You little smarty!
Post a Comment