Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Field Trip

This isn't the best shot but you take
what you can get. 
(I know I look hot with braces.
Don't be jealous! :) )
  I went on a field trip
with Ellie's class the other day.  It was good to
finally be able to help out again.  I haven't 
been so good lately but... we had a lot of fun! 

We went to the McCaw school of mines.
An elementary school down here
was given a large grant so they built a mine
behind the school to educate 4th graders about mining.
 

The group I was in charge of

They got to look sift for gold and silver and were
able to take whatever they found.  Ellie found 
a small piece of gold and two pieces
of silver.  It was only worth about 10 cents
but the whole class was talking about getting
a maid, buying clothes, 
buying donuts (that would be Ellie)
and the like.  I kept telling them
it wasn't worth that much but they wouldn't
believe me.

Ellie's class


PARK DAY!!
Brynlee

Grayson

Ellie

Grandma and Grandpa Barrus
They couldn't get enough of us up in Utah
 so they decided to come down here to
play in the sun.  Too bad it was a 
little chilly though but that didn't stop
Jason and his dad from golfing a couple
days.  They even took Noah one day to show him
how it's done.  He had a blast!


Abbie's been wanting glasses
but has not needed them so we went to Claire's
and she bought some herself.

Say "no" to crack

1 comment:

Brooke and Justin said...

Your kids are getting sooo big! I can't wait to come down!