Friday, September 4, 2009

Utah and 1st day of school

This last weekend I was planning to go to Utah by myself for my birthday to run a half marathon and have some personal time.  It was all arranged until Jason decided to mooch off my birthday present. :)  The day before Jason figures that since he's already taken Friday off, he wants to come up with me, bring Noah and the twins, and play a round of golf while his mom watches the kids.   
Don't get me wrong.  I love traveling with Jason and the kids but I was looking for some R & R and that was cutting into it.  Anyway... it ended up being a good thing because we were able to go see all of our living grandparents.  And for Jason's grandpa it was going to be his last time.  His grandpa Barrus passed away this last Tuesday.  He was a great man.  Contributed a lot to the community.  He will be missed.  

Here are some pics of the last week...
    
Noah showing off how he can jump with one foot.
There's so much talent going on with this family.  :)

Ren and Lyza

It's sweet having a hair stylist in the fam.  We all got our
hair cut and I got mine colored.  We were looking HOT after 
Marcie got done with us!

Grandma, Grandpa Barrus, my cute kids, 
and cute Grayson (in the middle)

Grandma Barrus and Lyza

Noah and Grandpa

First day of School!!
First day of school!  First day of school!  Get up dad!  Just 5 more minutes.  I don't want to go.  Not you dad, me!!  First day of school! (Name that movie.  I probably didn't get it all right but you get the jist)
Lyza and Brynlee weren't quite
 as excited as the rest of us.

Abbie goes to 2nd grade and Ellie goes to
4th.  Noah starts pre-school this coming
Tuesday and he CAN NOT wait!!  He's so excited to
wear his hot light shoes. (I'm not but what can
you do???)  He puts them on every
day but I won't let him wear them outside until
he starts school so he just looks at them for a minute
then changes when we go out.

Ellie has been riding her bike next
to me in the morning as I run.  At first I 
have to admit that I wasn't too excited about it 
because it was my personal time 
and I was running 4 or more miles and I 
didn't think she would be able to keep up.
But it has turned out to be so much fun.
She has gotten into great shape and tears those hills
up!!  She usually beats me to the top. 
She is a very determined girl.  
Love her.

So this morning Jason, Ellie, and I
got back from running to find that Abbie had made hers and
Jason's lunches, got dressed, did her hair,
had breakfast, and made all of our beds.  
She is such a sweetheart!  She even wrote Jason
a love note and put it in his lunch box.
We just love this girl!

4 comments:

Richard and Michelle said...

Nice that you didn't even mention my name or that you stayed at my house, or the fun time we had all day friday, and the great dinner with Richard, or the fact that I ran the race with you.... consider us fighting.

I love your kids

JWB said...

Who's the buff guy sitting on the stairs in the second picture from the top? Those are some biceps!

Chelsey said...

You guys have like the cutest little family! It is actually almost sickening it is so perfect! Congrats, you should be so proud! Oh and good job on the race!

Anonymous said...

Your family is so cute! Way to go on the run (I wish I could do that) and how cute that Abbie did all that stuff for everyone. How sweet!