Today I was cleaning up the kitchen and let the twins
have free reign of the upstairs. I was really nervous to
see what they had been up to the last 15 minutes (considering
the fact that I went upstairs last night to find the
tub running for who knows how long)
but this is what I found. The little cuties!!

Don't mind the messy face... I didn't have a chance to
get to that yet. Don't judge me!! :))
So we just bought a tramp for our kids to play on. We wanted a tramp that didn't have a net because we thought that it didn't really make the tramp any safer. I mean I grew up without a net and I don't think I ever fell off nor did my 7 siblings. Anyway, the tramp that we wanted came with a net so we thought what the heck... we'll ease our neighbors minds (we got an ear full from them) and the kids think it's more fun because you can have balls on the tramp and they won't fall off. Well... this is what we got. The twins run around the tramp and then fall on the net and slide down. That would be fine if the net was zipped shut. Brynlee didn't realize that the net wasn't zipped and fell through the opening and landed flat on her head. She was really freaking out for a long time and she doesn't ever really do that so I knew she was in a lot of pain. I tried putting an ice pack on her head but she would have none of it. There is a funny part to this though. I was trying to calm her down so I took her out on the swing for a bit and she fell asleep in my arms. Jason comes home from a meeting and hears what happened and comes out and wants to hold her. It wakes her up and she starts crying again and then... she pukes all over him! I just thought it was funny because as soon as he held her in his lap, she vomited all over him. I was just grateful it was him and not me... he took it like a champ though. He didn't even complain one bit.
Anyway... I feel the kids have this false sense of security because of the net. I really doubt this would have happened had we never put the net on. That's my two cents worth if you were able to make it through all the ramblings. :))
Moral of the story... if you're going to get a net... always zip it shut!
Just to ease the grandparents minds... she is fine now. She had a mild concussion but is her little old self today. All except for the pretty little shiner.
1 comment:
What a sweetheart. I can't believe she got such a big black eye
Post a Comment