Saturday, June 6, 2009

Las Vegas kids triathlon

There are a LOT of pictures but I just couldn't help it.  We are so proud of these girls.  It was an unusual day with it being only 59 degrees.  CRAZY!! I know especially in June.  The girls were freezing before the race hanging out just in their skimpies and were aware that the water would NOT be very warm if not pure icy.  Luckily the water was heated so the swim wasn't too cold but getting out of the water and biking then running was a little more than they wanted to do at 8 in the AM.  They did AWESOME though.  





Before the race.  Cute and smiling.

Hanging out with our good friends, Preston and Riley.

Abbie waiting her turn.

Ellie waiting her turn.

Ellie tearing it up.

She's in the zone

Abbie doing such a good job

Transition


Abbie had a major side ache and felt like she was going to puke
but still finished.  WAY TO GO !!!

She was shaking all over after the race.

Noah and Preston entertaining each other





6 comments:

30somethingmama said...

Wow what a couple of little Iron Girls! That's awesome! I am going to see if they have something like that in Dallas. Tell them congrats for us!!!!

Sarah L. said...

That is sooo cool. I bet you just loved watching them do that. Way to go. ps. the one year pics of the twins are way cute.

Richard and Michelle said...

Oh man that's awesome. I wish I could have been there! That seriously so freaking cute!

Brooke and Justin said...

Love the cheerleader mom in the background for all the video clips!! Way- to- go- Ellie and Abby!

Buchanans said...

So amazing!! How cool is that!! I love it! (and can't believe how one is totally a Barrus and one is totally a Kelly...same with your twins...so freaking cute!) You and Jason did good. Love ya!

The Kelly's said...

Wow they are troopers! How cool that they finished on such a cold day! They rock.